Borussia Dortmund’s Youssoufa Moukoko has dropped a transfer hint after being linked with Premier League giants Liverpool & Manchester United.
Last week, Liverpool and Manchester United were linked with a potential £30million January move for 17-year-old wunderkind Youssoufa Moukoko.
Now, the Borussia Dortmund striker has been speaking about his future in the Bundesliga as he prepares for the World Cup with Germany.
“I haven’t spoken to Hansi Flick about it at all yet. But then again, we’re not at BVB, we’re here with the national team at a World Cup,” Moukoko told reports, as cited by Anfield Watch’s Twitter account.
“I feel very comfortable in Dortmund, I feel the confidence of the coach. You’ll find out in the end whether I decide to stay or not.”
Youssoufa Moukoko on his future:
“I haven’t spoken to Hansi Flick about it at all yet. But then again, we’re not at BVB, we’re here with the national team at a World Cup.” #lfc [liverpool echo]
— Anfield Watch (@AnfieldWatch) November 19, 2022
Anfield Watch Verdict
Moukoko, who has 12 goals & assists for BVB this season, only has 6 months left on his contract at the German side meaning that clubs could sign a pre-contract with him this January.
However, it’s understood that Dortmund would rather sell him in the winter than lose him for free in the summer transfer window.
Despite only having half a year left on his current deal, the German side are said to want £30million for the 17-year-old. A figure a lot of clubs might baulk at.
Even though it’s really high, paying that now means that you will have pretty much 0 competition when it comes to his signature. If you wait to sign him for free in July then every top club in Europe is going to be at the table.
This would be a great signing in my eyes. Moukoko would thrive under Jurgen Klopp and he would be the perfect backup for Darwin Nunez.
Who knows if he’d be ok with coming in as a squad player but if he has the drive and enthusiasm everyone thinks he has then he should thrive under the challenge.